UNDERWATER REPAIRS PUTTY 11800
*** High-performance technology for repairing, patching and rebuilding equipment in habitually wet environments, including under water ***
Surfaces underwater cannot receive the same surface preparation previously outlined in this surface prep guide, but they do need some attention. They are as follows:
- Remove all dirt, barnacles, flaking paint, and algae/seaweed from the substrate
- Wipe area with a clean cloth to remove any film on the surface. Obviously you cannot degrease underwater, but wiping and turning a clean cloth often will remove any film on the surface.
- Abraid the surface if possible. (Use mechanical means or a file to accomplish.)
- The oxidation can be removed by mechanical means, such as water. Grit-blasting, or by chemical means
Underwater Repair Putty (UW): P/N 11800 (454 gr.) .04m2 @ 0.25 in (6.3 mm.) Thick
Repairs: Penetrates wetness to bond securely to steel, iron, aluminum, brass, bronze, concrete, wood and some plastics.
Invaluable for use in pulp and paper mills, wastewater treatment plants, and marine environments. Eliminates the need for
substrate to be thoroughly dry before repair. Non-rusting: easy-to-mix and apply. Non-sagging. Bonds, patches and seal metals.
- Drying Color: Grey Putty.
- Working Time: 30 minutes.
- Full Cure: 24 hours.
- Volume Mix Ratio: 1:1
- Working Temperature: Dry: 100 °C , Wet: 50 °C
- Adhesive Tensile Shear Strength: 2,685 PSI. (18.51 MPa)